Technical Designer 1, 2, and 3
Los Angeles, CA 90040
1. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design architectural metal shapes in sheet metal.
2. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures regarding Architectural design and sheet metal.
3. Has knowledge of standards related to design and fabrication of a minimum of 2-3 product categories.
4. Resolves issues in a timely fashion.
5. Consults with department Leads regarding current and ongoing projects requiring shop or production drawings.
6. Has ability to create final sets of Shop and Installation drawings to be supplied to customer for approval or at time of shipment.
7. May be involved in issues related to design (shop drawings), manufacture (fabrication drawings) or installation (installation drawings) of products.
8. Provides minimal support to internal and external customers.
9. Has minimal responsibility for providing metal ceilings technical design support to architectural and sales representatives.
Job Function will require all of the following:
* Creating & modifying shop, fabrication and product drawings using AutoCAD or other software.
* Creating Bills of Material (BOM) through Excel or other software.
* Preparing & modifying material Take off's (RTP) and release through our MRP system (M2M).
* Creating and generating fabrication drawings and DXF's for manufacturing (RTM).
* Guiding and sharing knowledge with other engineers.
* Reviewing (QC) work of other engineers.
* Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), decision making and employee relations skills within a diverse workforce environment.
* Must be a team player.
* Must have a high level of organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
* Must have demonstrated abilities to read and interpret architectural & other construction related drawings, documents and specifications.
* Has proficient skills in AutoCAD as well as at least one additional software platform.
* Proficient 'basic' computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel as well as Adobe (PDF) products.
* Knowledge in commercial construction, building codes and sustainability (LEED) would be an added asset.
* Knowledgeable of safety compliance programs with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and housekeeping a plus.
Education and Experience: Suggested minimum requirements
* Level 1: 1 - 3 years related experience; Level 2: 3-5 years related experience; Level 3: 5 years of experience or more
* Level 1/2: AA or BS in related field; Level 3 BS required