San Clemente, CA 92673
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain account subledgers and reconciliations for various general ledger accounts.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Review and maintain the ERP cost accounting set up and routine inputs/results and record applicable journal entries.
- Review work orders and purchase orders with operational personnel to take appropriate action in recording costs and revenues.
- Manage the fixed assets process and record applicable journal entries.
- Record all payroll related journal entries and provide applicable internal reporting.
- Calculate and maintain deferred revenue schedules.
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end internal management financial reports.
- Prepare and submit external reporting requirements to third party agencies.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Support the assessment of current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and analysis of the financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Work with external auditors, prepare audit schedules, and respond to audit inquiries to support a timely and accurate completion of the year end audit.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned and as business needs evolve.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA or Big 4 experience preferred.
- Complete and thorough understanding of manufacturing cost accounting and GAAP financial accounting practices.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- A good understanding of manufacturing ERP systems. Experience with Avante ERP system is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and reporting for government contracts and subcontracts in the aerospace and/or defense industry to support compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and U.S. government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and experience working with U.S. government agencies DCAA and DCMA is a plus.
- An organized collaborator with attention to details.
- Ability to deal with confidential company data and sensitivity to the data.
- A team player interested in the organization's success and recognizes that an organization's success is their success.
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)