Director/VP Software Engineering
- Support product management and engineering leadership, help drive the system software strategy and solutions architecture. This includes both developing our client's unique software solutions and integrating third party solutions into an integrated software stack and user control pane.
- Lead and drive timely execution to the company software roadmap through an agile development environment.
- Manage team members against role expectations including review work product, setting annual and quarterly goals, and conducting performance conversations
- Responsible for all aspects of team planning, including resource forecasting, employee hiring, training, team professional development and performance reviews.
- Promote and drive a culture of continuous improvement, including team training and development for career growth .
- Develop necessary knowledge on new and existing systems, products, and customer application areas to achieve success in role.
- Manage the bring up and verification of new embedded system platforms
- Manage fullstack and orchestration teams
- Enable application containerization with multiple orchestration frameworks
- Contribute to software test automation frameworks involving test equipment control drivers and automation code written in Python.
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science / Electronics and Communications / Telecommunication / Electrical / Instrumentation
- 10 years of relevant software industry experience and 3-5 years of team management.
- Ideally, experience in SaaS/PaaS software structures and models.
- Demonstrated software leadership in Cloud software architectures.
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python with ability to rapidly design, test, and verify systems.
- Experience with Linux devices and network drivers and implementation on embedded processors.
- Experience with build systems (make), source control (Git) and bug tracking systems.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and IP networking protocols (ARP, DHCP, VLAN, IP, TCP/UDP etc).