San Diego, CA 92123
- Analyze and identify root causes of failures using statistical methods, quality standards or products design, materials and parts.
- Develop, document and monitor quality processes and method requirements, including inspection techniques engineering specifications and manufacturing processes. Determine quality improvement parameters using methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Review quality standards, tolerances and evaluates engineering changes for rework of parts and assemblies. Reviews and analyzes engineering specifications and processes. Prepare performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing processes, systems or equipment.
- Analyze customer concerns initiate root cause analysis. Support and maintain the continuous improvement process by collecting, analyzing and summarizing manufacturing processes to drive prevention initiatives. Review contract and purchase orders to ensure quality specifications and requirements are communicated and manufacturing plans, product verification tests and inspections are completed.
- Assist Director of Quality and/or Senior Quality Engineer in establishing, implementing and/or maintaining the quality management system.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to ensure quality methods are implemented and maintained. Supports and guides efforts to continuously improve company performance related to quality system, cost and delivery requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives, accept constructive feedback, establish goals and objectives, and exhibit initiative and commitment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act as a change agent and work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and familiar with personal computers.
- Ability to work with quality inspection tools.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and Kaizen methods.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASQ certifications a plus.
- Experience: 3 plus years' experience in quality and/or manufacturing industry. Experience with ISO, Six Sigma, AS9100, and statistical process controls a plus.