Thermal Engineering Lead
Mojave, CA 93501
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Working across our Clients programs, with a focus on the XL-1 lunar lander for the 2022
south pole mission. Other projects may include technology development and testing
programs and VTVL terrestrial testbed flights of Xodiac.
● Performing design and analysis of spacecraft thermal systems
● Analysis of payload thermal environments.
● Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced technical team members
● Manage thermal priorities and tasks across the team
● Coordinate with other spacecraft subsystems and customers regarding thermal design
● Must be able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and highly technical environment
● Will have a large impact on many programs, especially the lunar missio
● Experience with Thermal Desktop
● Understanding of spacecraft thermal environments, especially radiation
● Experience modeling thermal effects to determine shielding requirements on spacecraft
from RCS thrusters and rocket plumes.
● Experience designing spacecraft radiators and MLI.
● Innovative and open to helping create a Cislunar economy - passionate about space
● Understands what is needed for high quality spaceflight systems - and also what is not
● Experience with the complete lifecycle of spacecraft development: design, build, test,
● 5+ years experience in aerospace engineering
● Experience with startups or new space companies
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
● Excellent communications skills
● Strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation
● Hands-on experience creating or building