Test Manufacturing Engineer
Long Beach, CA | Contractor
- Test planning – Work with the respective engineers to understand the test article function, and design a test configuration that replicates the critical flight/GSE loading environments, including instrumentation requirements.
- Structure – Design/Analyze the structural backbone of the test stands.
- Controls – Design the actuation system to apply test loads.
- Instrumentation – Source and install all necessary instrumentation.
- Implementation – Integrate the systems, write the control software, and perform the tests.
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things— and share them with your team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
Two Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Be open to contracting for 6+ months
- Experience with CAD software, preferably NX
- Experience with FEA of welded structures
- Capability to design and implement hydraulic control systems
- Strong Labview experience
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
- … and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- Eagerness to learn as well as teach
- Strong experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience in general metal fabrication
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’