Whippany, NJ 07981
Duties: Qualification testing for high-performance lifting and pulling devices for military and civilian aircraft, including rescue hoists, winches, and cargo hooks. The Test Engineer will report to the Test Engineering Manager and support the progress of upcoming qualification test programs, as well as the planning and preparation of new test programs. This particular position involves travel to various test houses within the tri state area for setup, operating, and recording of tests.
- Assists in the design of qualification test setups and test requirements
- Sets up test equipment and operates equipment under test.
- Keeps logs of test parameters, requirements, and test anomalies or failures
- Assists mechanical and electrical engineering teams in troubleshooting test anomalies
- Assists in the development of qualification test procedures
- Assists in the planning and building of qualification test assets and calibration instruments
- Documents test results within comprehensive engineering test reports
- Works closely with functional departments to assure that all requirements are being addressed: costs, adherence to schedule, safety, product functionality, and customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with other engineers of other disciplines to meet technical requirements
- Work both individually and key contributor on project teams.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aeronautical Engineering
- Experienced in engineering development and test engineering activities in support of military or commercial aerospace marketplaces.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Business and technical astuteness.