Systems Integration Project Manager
Torrance, CA 90505
- Collaborates with project sponsor(s) to determine project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements as they apply to business processes and technologies.
- Manage the process for selection of vendors; participate in the development of project budget; monitor contract expenses and vendor performance.
- Develop project timelines, project plans, site preparation checklists and manage project milestones; ensure production schedules are achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to system owners as well as developers/project team; manage user expectations; lead project meetings; work with project team and vendor to define customer requirements as applicable; review technical requirements for accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as consultant to internal stakeholders when technical studies, research, testing, or technology development are needed/requested
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the implementation of assigned information systems projects; maintain consistent and regular coordination with users, vendors and other internal resources.
- Build relationships with stakeholders, field personnel and vendors necessary to the success of technology demonstration projects
- Oversee technical and functional system testing including the development of test plans and documentation of test results and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflows
- Communicate changes, enhancements and modifications through written documentation to project sponsors and other stakeholders, so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations; analyze and report on final project outcomes.
- Coordinate integration, training and other site resources; design and document system software specifications.
- Coordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner, set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Participates in Corporate continuous improvement initiatives and apply Continuous Improvement methodologies in the development of standard processes and methods which support and sustain process improvement, cost reduction, project flow and quality.
- Participates in selected inter-departmental meetings, conferences, conference calls, and planning.
- Collaborate across Operations business units and/or team members, establish and support networks of people in a matrix organization, and use relationships strategically to accomplish objectives.
- Participate in the definition if IT standards, methodologies, and strategies.
- Responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, the company, and HSE Procedures.
- Responsible for complying with Work Standards for Information Technology Personnel.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures as necessary to implement new processes and enhance productivity in current processes.
- Technical Skills – Understands and has working knowledge of manufacturing processes, automation, and digitalization. Strong grasp of Information technology concepts and systems.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquires regardless of the situation; Presents complex concepts in a simple manner to achieve understanding of benefit plans at all levels of the organization. Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Places success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of team members.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities of self and others; Uses time efficiently; Plans for resources in a creative way only adding cost as absolutely necessary; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering fields from a four-year University or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of four (5) years of experience as an Information Technology Systems Integrator
- Working knowledge of IT and automation systems in the Manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of ERP/MES/PLM/CRM systems and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio, and Project Management software
- Working knowledge of Project Management methodology and practices; full software development life cycle; time/project tracking solutions