Mojave, CA 93501
- Working across our Clients programs, with a focus on the XL-1 lunar lander for the 2022 south pole mission. Other projects will include rocket engine systems testing and plume effects research, testing, & analysis.
- Perform systems engineering work in support of lunar lander and space system development in a wide range of disciplines.
- Supporting the resolution of technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system solutions are flight worthy prior to delivery for launch.
- Evaluating customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrating technical parameters, and assuring compatibility of physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Generate, review, approve, and manage system requirements – including but not limited to regulatory, safety, design, environmental, manufacturing, quality, operational, and testing requirements.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop CONOPs and interface definitions
- Assist in coordination of integrated testing requiring strategic functional implementation to support verification and other type of events
- Apply your experience in design and systems engineering principles to solve relevant aerospace issues
- Utilize excellent teamwork and written/oral English communications skills
- Several years experience in spacecraft systems engineering
- Innovative and open to helping create a Cislunar economy - passionate about space
- Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
- Supporting the design, development, integration and test of XL-1 lunar lander systems.
- Understanding of spacecraft systems environments, especially lunar landers
- An understanding of Cis-lunar and lunar surface environments
- Understands what is - and what is not - needed for high quality spaceflight systems
- Experience with the complete lifecycle of spacecraft development: design, build, test, and fly.
- Experience with startups or new space companies