2. Job Description/Responsibilities:
Under leadership of Program Technical Lead, be responsible for the successful execution of all Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) elements of the program on time and within budget. This includes:
- Management, decomposition, allocation, tracking, and status of all program technical and data requirements (including those of suppliers);
- Development and maintenance of all test plans and procedures to ensure customer acceptance of all deliverable data, hardware, software and services;
- Oversee the design, documentation, assembly, deployment, accounting, test, and maintenance of all deliverable and non-deliverable systems including integration and test labs (i.e. development, training, and “golden” troubleshooting assets) and equipment;
- Ensure the configuration of all systems are properly documented, controlled, and described in the drawing package throughout the program life cycle;
- Supply internal and supplier hardware, software, and ILS engineering teams adequate requirements for them to design, build, and maintain compliant deliverable hardware, software, data, and services;
- Verifying above compliance prior to delivery to the customer using accepted Systems Engineering practices and methods.
- Oversee all internal, supplier, and customer technical reviews and technical status meetings including agendas, presentations, participants, minutes, action items, and status accounting.
- Work with other technical leads, Quality Assurance, and Configuration/Data Management in the successful development, documentation, and test of all elements of the system.
- Work through the Sub-Contract Program Manager in the development, documentation, and test of all subcontracted and supplier technical elements of the system.
- Maximize the effective communication, utilization and training of OCONUS support personnel to achieve allocated travel budgets.
- Work with the Program and Technical Managers to successfully execute the program within assigned Cost and Schedule EVMS targets.
- Maintain the program Technical Risk Register.
- Perform trade studies, risk assessments, risk mitigations, and analysis of alternatives;
- Assist Business Development in the pursuit of new business.
- Witness and assess the First Article and/or Acceptance Tests of all subcontracted items.
- Lead the performance of First Article and Acceptance Tests of the system.
- Prepare and deliver all assigned Systems Engineering data items.
Candidate shall have technical leadership responsibility for the System Engineering Team (~6 to 7 indirect reports). Includes responsibilities such as daily tasking, accountability, status reporting, and coaching.