- Performs cyclic upgrades and patches to Solaris, Windows and LINUX systems in accordance with established security and maintenance plans to ensure the MOC systems adhere to NIST 800-53 requirements.
- Works with NASA security to identify potential security risks and implement ad-hoc security patches as directed by NASA security.
- Performs standard system administration tasks as necessary to keep both physical and virtual systems operational, including the tuning of the operating systems to achieve maximum functionality in the networking environments in which the system is installed.
- Implements, troubleshoots and upgrades enterprise storage environments, HCI nodes, and backup and recovery environments
- Writes, debugs and maintains automation scripts using LINUX Shell Scripting and Windows PowerShell – Perl and Python fluency a plus.
- This position may be filled at either the Principal (Level 3) or Sr. Principal (Level 4) based on education and experience. Level 3 requires a BS in engineering or computer science plus 6 years of relevant experience, or an MS in engineering or computer science plus 4 years of relevant experience. Level 4 requires a BS in engineering or computer science plus 10 years of relevant experience, or an MS in engineering or computer science plus 8 years of relevant experience.
- Requires experience in VMware VSphere cluster implementation and operations.
- Requires experience in maintaining Version Control (GIT), Build tools (Jenkins) Application/Web Servers (Apache Tomcat), Database (PostgreSQL), Logging/Monitoring tools
- Requires the ability to implement/architect, troubleshoot, upgrade and patch Solaris, LINUX and Windows Server systems
- Ability to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Working knowledge of NASA security requirements as defined in NIST 800-53
- Existing NACI or DoD security clearance
- History working in a real-time operations environment
- Current Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator certification
- Current COMPTIA Security + certification, or CISSP certification