Implement/architect, troubleshoot, upgrade and patch Linux and Windows Server systems
Perform standard system administration tasks as necessary to keep both physical and virtual systems operational. This includes the tuning of the operating systems to achieve maximum functionality in the networking environments in which the system is installed.
Implement, troubleshoot and upgrade enterprise storage environments, HCI nodes, and backup and recovery environments
Work closely with internal and external system/software providers to install and support the latest software and hardware
Write, debug and maintain automation scripts using Linux Shell Scripting and Windows PowerShell. Perl and Python fluency a plus.
Perform in a team oriented product development atmosphere working with end users, developers and other system administrators and dev-ops personnel to determine the best possible method of maintaining and evolving the systems.
Maintain, Monitor and Support automated CI/CD pipeline for development environments
Experience in VMware vSphere cluster implementation and operations.
Experience in maintaining Version Control (GIT), Build tools (Jenkins), Orchestrators (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt), Application/Web Servers (Apache Tomcat), Database (PostgreSQL), Logging/Monitoring tools
- 6+ years of Linux and Windows Server administration, on Intel x86 server hardware. Ability to handle troubleshooting, automation of admin tasks, monitoring, system configuration, tuning/optimization, and performance analysis.
- B.S. degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Strong UNIX Shell Scripting skills necessary.
- Strong Windows PowerShell scripting skills required.
- In-depth server virtualization and clustering experience with VMware
- Capacity and disaster recovery planning
- Strong networking and security experience
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in build, deploy, version control, monitoring tools and application/web servers.
- Strong team player capable of providing support across a dynamic development organization
- Demonstrate ability to work with a diverse team to effectively complete tasks and objectives
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet specific deadlines through the use of strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, quick learner with the ability to work independently
- Strong dedication, work ethic, sense of teamwork and professional attitude
- Proven history of constantly striving for improved methodology, efficiency and work processes
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential.
- Security clearance is a plus.