Staff RFIC Design Engineer
Irvine, CA 92618
- An MSEE degree plus a minimum of 5-7 years of IC design experience.
- A strong background of silicon RFIC technology and product development using Spectre RF &/or Keysight ADS tools including back-annotation of layout parasitics and IC-package co-simulation
- An expert on ESD protection design for high power RF pins
- An expert on SOI FET RF switch design
- A strong background in s-parameters, matching, noise & linearity
- A solid understand of SOI devices and process technology
- Excellent lab skills to make state-of-the-art RF measurements evaluate and debug ICs.
- Floor-planning skills for layout both at the top-level and at block-level. Must be able to supervise layout designers.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- The ability to work as an independent designer within a small team.
- An understanding of cellular systems and 5G developments
- A solid understanding of basic analog specifications such as noise, linearity, bandwidth and the stability of feedback systems together with the ability to analyze each under small-signal and large-signal conditions.
- Experience of time-domain and frequency-domain circuit simulation using Cadence tools.
- The ability to analyze system specifications, perform architecture trade-off analyses and translate the results into block-level specifications. Perform any system modeling and behavioral modeling necessary for this task.
- Knowledge of biasing, negative voltage generation and regulation circuits to control RF switches
- Experience of guiding Test Engineers to create ATE solutions and of supporting Production Engineers and Applications Engineers.