Sr. Test Engineer
Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Job Summary
- Leads tester hardware development and commissioning, including verification and validation activities as required by the quality system before a tester is used in production.
- Supports all heritage tester platforms
- Troubleshoots and supports all production related test issues in foreign and domestic facilities
- Collaborates with production, Engineering, and management personnel to define mechanical fixture design, production requirements and schedules
- Develops tester software to meet product quality requirements.
- Performs measurements, analyses and evaluations such as stability analysis, linearity analysis and gage R&R studies.
- Knowledge management: helps restructure for clarity internal information from sources like e-mail threads, into wiki-style articles.
- Demonstrates responsible ownership: shows concern about tester availability and performance, is proactive in identifying issues before they manifest in reduced yields and outages, including alerts sent when the test infrastructure or test results exceed certain limits. Identifies and addresses risks.
- Performs to individual goals and follows priorities established by manager on a continuing basis and through MyDay meetings.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Engineering (or related discipline).
- Approximately 7-10 years of functional and tester lead expertise
- Software experience
- Outstanding writing skills to develop user and troubleshooting manuals
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered