Sr. Electrical Engineer
Pasadena, CA 91103
What You’ll Do Day to Day
- Design of electronics, software, and hardware for space flight systems.
- Responsible for development of electromechanical systems including direct and indirect testing.
- Oversees the electrical system design and development at both a component level and project level.
- Meet and discuss design and implementation details with both internal and external customers.
- Generate and document system electrical block diagrams, wiring schematics, and wire harness assembly drawings.
- Generate EEE part lists and Bill of Materials, review part screening and qualification data.
- Prepare and present technical design review presentations to outside customers.
- Troubleshoot and investigate component anomalies and failures, perform RCA (root-cause analysis) and provide resolution.
- Develop test plans and procedures, identify hardware needs, design of test set-ups.
- Work with manufacturing to build prototypes and mockups of flight assemblies and wiring systems.
- A B.S. degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field. M.S. degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience or 3 years with M.S.
- Experience using Altium, OrCAD, or similar schematic capture and computer aided design tools.
- Experience with spacecraft vehicle wiring and interconnect systems.
- Knowledge of spacecraft grounding and shielding for EMI/EMC control.
- Understanding of electronic design for the space environment, radiation shielding, surface/internal charge mitigation and control, TID impact, Radiation Hardness Assurance planning, and derating guidelines.
These Skills Would be Amazing:
- Experience using Solidworks or similar mechanical CAD software.
- Knowledge of analog and mixed signal circuit design.
- Electrical circuit simulation using, NI Multisim, Altium, or similar E-CAD tools.
- Strong Python and or Matlab programming skills.
- Experience in basic LabVIEW programming and instrumentation.
- Familiar with RS-485/422/232 I2C and other MCU related interfaces.
- Familiar with design, qualification, and testing of high reliability space and terrestrial systems.
- Preferred to have knowledge of NASA wire harness standards, IPC standards, and similar workmanship specifications.
- Knowledge of stepper motors, brushed/brushless DC motors and motor drive systems.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-461, DO-160, compliance testing.
- Excellent time/cost/team management skills.