Sr. Design Engineer
Irvine, CA 92614
- Provides technical support to conceptual design, design review and evaluation and testing of new product development. Performs Research and Development activities related to initial concept and preliminary design, finite element analysis, evaluation of prototypes and models; testing, evaluation and test report generation. Develops and trouble shoots manufacturing methods and processes with a view to product or process improvement.
- Tasks include interpretation of customer requirements, defining content of Sales Drawings, definition and support of test programs. Support all activities associated with quoting, cross referencing, manufacturing and quality of assigned product lines. Review and disposition of non-conformances as a member of the Materials Review Board.
- Assist in product development and improvement, test program definition and performance, data collection and report generation.
- Responsibilities also include answering customer questions in support of technical sales as well as internal consultation to manufacturing personnel.
- Participates in activities related to Lean Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing activities and assist in product development and improvement, test program definition and performance, data collection and report generation.