We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
We need an individual who has a strong understanding of CAS and US GAAP, detail oriented, strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Assist with month-end close including, but not limited to, updating close calendar, preparing journal entries, accruals, reconciliations and review of general ledger accounts
- Participate in pre-close and post-close analysis and provide meaningful insight to activity, trends, unusual and significant transactions
- Perform bi-weekly payroll reconciliations
- Assist with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Weekly cash reconciliations
- Partner and coordinate with internal business units for accrual accounting and timely recognition of revenue and expenses
- Serve as a resource to team members regarding accounting questions, researching general ledger activity, and improving the month end close process
- Ability to research and apply fundamental accounting theories and concepts under US GAAP and CAS.
- Assist with gathering information and preparing schedules for monthly reporting, annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Assist with implementing controls, documenting processes, and drafting policies & procedures to support the growth of the company
- Assist with preparing annual 1099 and other tax filings
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects as assigned or directed