Software Quality Engineer
San Clemente, CA 92673
Software Quality Engineer Responsibilities and Mindset:
- Create and manage test suites for software and limited hardware
- Keep up to date with latest best practices in quality assurance and testing
- Work with software developers to improve software quality by identifying design patterns, suggesting refactorization and optimization, and enforcing internal coding standards.
- Work with devops software developers to implement automated test suites
- Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and KPIs for product quality
- Create and present testing reports.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with typically 6+ years work experience as well as proven successful experience in software Quality Assurance and/or Testing teams. Proficiency in automatic tests with C++, embedded RTOS and communication protocols (i.e. I2C, SPI, CAN) as well as application software testing including.
- Knowledge Unix/Linux operating systems required
- Knowledge or direct implementation experience (preferred) of software testing within or interfacing with Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines.
- Excellent Artifact generation, Documentation, and Communication skills