Senior Network Engineer
canoga park, CA 91303
- Experience with AF Data and Voice Networks; to include management and maintenance;
- Shall have knowledge of the General Dynamics TACLANE line of Network Encryptors (INE)
- Knowledge of procedures to load various cryptographic equipment including: TACLANE, FASTLANE, vIPER, STE, KIV-7, and KG-84.
- Knowledge of COMSEC electronic key management systems and local site key management policies.
- Microsoft Active Directory knowledge.
- Provide Tier 2 network support for a complex enterprise WAN and LAN network. Detailed knowledge of audio and video (A/V) concepts (i.e. how to set up and cable a room for VTC, where to put microphones to prevent feedback or audio issues, lighting, video, etc.).
- Analyzes/maintains/administers LAN/WAN systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms, including email, file transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing, etc.
- Plans network layout design.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware such as Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, and encryption devices (i.e., Micro and Gig E Taclanes).
- The engineer shall also have an in-depth knowledge of routing protocol such as RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
- Palo Alto Firewall configuration experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and practical experience with technologies such as MPLS, VPLS, VPNs, and traffic engineering.
- Also, desirable to have thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in managing help desk, network troubleshooting, and support, as well as active directory enterprise, network management software and tool suites (i.e., MS SharePoint, NetIQ, Nagios & MRTG). Knowledge of or certification in one or more specific applications or processes may be required, depending on job assignment. In addition, requires competence in systems analysis and technical writing to support SOPs.
- Designing architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements
- Ensuring that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant.
- Evaluating analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP protocols (emphasis on Multicast) and Doman Name Systems (DNS).
- Expert knowledge of network architectures and associated equipment including, but not limited to zones, screening devices, and typical design.
- Systems Expert on email delivery, specifically including all aspects of POP3 and SMTP.
- Familiarity with direct attached and network attached storage devices, protocols and techniques to include iSCSI.
- Understanding of Virtual Machines (VM) and knowledge of VM configurations.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with remote users via chat, telephone, instant messaging and email to assist in troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of hardening systems, running SCAP tools and implementing STIGs on systems
- Ability to address audit requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.)
- Strong documentation skills and ability to document and diagram solutions using tools like MS Visio