Senior Linux Systems Administrator (HPC)
jupiter, FL 33458
- Lead Linux Engineer responsible for setting technical direction in a multifaceted computing environment.
- Solid understanding of NFS and NIS implementations on CentOS and RedHat operating systems EL 6 & 7 on networks and also standalone systems.
- Scripting skills required ( e.g., Python / Perl /Bash) .
- Customization of Linux operation system packages and distribution (e.g., kickStart)
- Experience supporting nVidia based graphics on Linux workstations (e.g., TurboVNC)
- Experience with compute clusters, (e.g, Infiniband experience)
- Project leadership in the integration of legacy tools / systems with the new technologies
- 10 + Years of Linux engineering application environment experience
- Exposure to High Performance Computing (HPC) and Machine Learning (ML) codes, building recipes, and tuning (e.g. compiler and OpenMP and MPI, NUMA, and various frameworks)
- Exposure to HPC applications like ANSYS, CFD++ preferred
- Performs system administration duties on a linux HPC Cluster, cluster management, virtualization, cluster usage monitoring, health monitoring, job scheduling, and application integration/installation.
- Responsible for system implementation/integration and systems performance analysis.
- Manages hardware and software applications in the production environment provided to HPC users.
- Experience with batch systems, such OpenPBS or OpenLava
- Experience managing parallel and cluster file systems, such as NFS, GPFS, or Lustre
- Install software and updates * Coordinates with vendors to resolve hardware and software problems in HPC Cluster.
- A current DoD 8570 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CAP, GSLC, CASP CE, CISA, CISM, or CISSP) is desired
- Knowledge of SAN Storage systems
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and techniques (LDAPS/SAML/Kerberos/etc)
- Strong knowledge of hardening systems, running SCAP tools and implementing STIGs on systems
- Ability to address audit requirements * Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.)
- Strong documentation skills and ability to document and diagram solutions using tools like MS Visio
- Experience with Active Directory Authentication for Linux systems; like SAMBA, VMware ESXI, or Tenable Nessus
- Engineering Tool License Administrations (FLEXLM)
- Enterprise Backup systems (Commvault / NetBackup / Veeam)