Senior Engineer, Ballistic Analysis
Huntsville, AL 35802
- Perform trades for grain design that meet performance requirements.
- Conduct grain design, performance analysis, pretest predictions with established methodologies for motor test firings.
- Conduct post firing data correlations and/or burning rate analysis with established methodologies.
- Analyze ballistic and propellant data for model updates.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations documenting all activities.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) and five (5) or more years of engineering experience with solid rocket motor design and/or analysis or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience in performing design and/or analysis of solid rocket motor propulsion systems is required.
- Requires proficiency using ballistics models, SPP (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is expected.
- A Master's or Doctorate degree in a field of engineering that relates to solid rocket motor phenomenology is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with aerospace product development efforts is desired.
- Experience in software development is a plus.
- Existing U.S. Security Clearance is preferred, but not required.