Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
- Design, coding, debugging, and integrating new capabilities for our new and existing electro-mechanical systems (turret)
- Debugging issues with existing systems
- Integration of new capabilities both in the Systems Integration Lab and in the field.
- Delivery of executable software that meets performance requirements.
- Delivery of other software work products (documentation) that meets contractual requirements.
- Provide status reporting to management during project execution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design/development/test of embedded real-time control software.
- C language (java a plus)
- OS experience, especially RTOS (bare metal and embedded linux a plus) experience writing and debugging communication protocol drivers and stacks (networking, 1553, uart, SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Read and understand electronic part data sheets, electrical schematics, communication protocol documents
- Desired behavioral competencies include: Innovation, adaptability, decision making, communications, customer focus, building strategic working relationships, energy, initiating action, quality orientation, managing work.
- Intermediate technical competency required in Applied Science, knowledge of Customer Technology, Data Acquisition, Diagnostic Skills, Document Interpretation, and Engineering & Technology Advanced technical competency required in Computer Applications, Document Creation, and Math.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering. Bachelor of Science degree in other engineering fields, and Computer Science, may be considered with appropriate additional experience in the design/development/test of real-time control software.
- ** Due to our government contracts, US Citizenship is required.