Sales Tax Accountant
Irvine, CA 92618
The Sales/Use Tax Temp is responsible for significant volumes of monthly/quarterly/annual sales/use tax returns filing and payments. This position will ensure compliance with all applicable state and local sales/use tax statutes and regulations.
- Prepare/file all state and local sales/use tax returns accurately before statutory deadlines. Ensures compliance with sales/use tax reporting requirements and laws. Tax return filing process includes
- downloading, analyzing and summarizing large quantity of data (sales data and PO data) each month;
- accurately input data in the tax return workpaper;
- preparing AP upload file with proper support for review;
- submitting signed off AP upload file to AP/Treasury for requesting tax payments prior to internal AP deadline;
- submitting the payments/returns to the state/local governments;
- scanning tax return and workpapers in the network drive
- Prepare revised sales tax rates for approval and update in SAP system.
- Maintain/collect updated sales tax exemption certificates.
- Resolve state/local sales/use tax notices in a timely matter
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of working experience with sales/use tax in a large multi-state business or accounting firm.