To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Ability to analyze and understand complex information, product specification, and critical technical information. Able to scrutinize information providing succinct information on risks and proposed actions.
Technical Skills - Expertise in computer modeling and finite element analysis and calculation. Proficiency in applying advanced mathematical concepts to analyze and optimize mechanical and thermo-mechanical stresses of metallic and plastic materials. Solid knowledge of mechanical and design engineering is required. Proficiency in non-linear simulation software packages (DEFORM or FORGE preferred) and Computer Aided Design software (SolidWorks preferred). Proficiency in using data base software such as MS Access and knowledge of basic programming, such as MS Visual Basic for Applications.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquiries regardless of the situation.
Written Communication – Writes technical documents clearly and accurately; Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organization. Results and decisions based on results and documented, focused on objective completion in timely manner, clear and simple reporting.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests. Works in multi functional teams.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within the direction of the department’s resources; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Planning/Organizing – Manages multiple projects, Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
May assist in the coaching and process teaching of less experience personnel under the supervision of management.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Working knowledge of statistics and advance levels of calculus/differentials equations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet, Presentation, ProjectPlanning and Word Processing software.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Evidence of “US person” is required under ITAR
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in software simulation or related disciplines is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in stress calculation and software stress simulation is required
- Basic knowledge of Metallurgy is required
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design principles is required
- Manufacturing process knowledge related to metal working processes such as forging or stamping – experience within an industrial environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills with a practical reasoning abilities are a must
- Project management skills and experience required; focus on objectives completion in a timely manner, working in multi-functional team, philosophy based on results and documented analysis and decisions, simple and comprehensive reporting to management.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the necessary functions.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering applications, technical reading and writing.
- Ability to travel abroad