Ways of Working, Experience, and Behaviors
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Ability to analyze and understand complex information, product specification, and critical technical information. Able to scrutinize information providing succinct information on risks and proposed actions
- Technical Skills – Understands and has working knowledge of ISO 9001, AS 9100, NADCAP, Mil-Specs, ITAR, General aircraft construction and aircraft industry trends, Aircraft fasteners industry, Aerospace specifications, metallurgy, processing, composite aircraft materials and processing, composite aircraft applications. Able to clearly share expertise and transfer technical knowledge to others; Work in problem solving, team environment; Communicates technical knowledge and expertise with customers to instill confidence regarding technical function and ability.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and rational responses to inquiries regardless of the situation.
- Written Communication – Writes technical documents clearly and accurately; Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organization.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within the direction of the department’s resources; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
May assign work or oversee work product to less experienced Team Members. Responsibility excludes direct management responsibilities including but not limited to, Performance Management, and disciplinary actions
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four year college or technical school or equivalent combination of experience or related education. Over 5 years related experience and/or training is required.
Proficient with 3D modeling in CAD System (SolidWorks is preferred)
Proficient with GD&T
Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance
Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus