Requires analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating radiographs of materials, parts, and welded parts, and welded parts for compliance with customer and company specifications and quality standards, and for developing techniques and standards
Under general supervision, must be able to perform a variety of job duties including, but not limited to:
- Interpret radiographs by:
- Determining if the x-ray is quality radiography.
- Through the evaluation of defects in material and determining the usability of same material.
- Recognizing the differences between film defects and material defects.
- Approves techniques and makes recommendations for higher quality radiography.
- Accepts or rejects material in accordance with the governing specifications.
- Trains others as needed.
- When necessary, order supplies.
- Performs rework, repair and other operations with the work described.
- Follow all policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above, Technicians are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. The comany is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.