Radiographic Technician Level II
Burbank, CA 91504
- Interpret radiographs by:
- Determining if the x-ray is quality radiography.
- Through the evaluation of defects in material and determining the usability of same material.
- Recognizing the differences between film defects and material defects.
- Approves techniques and makes recommendations for higher quality radiography.
- Accepts or rejects material in accordance with the governing specifications.
- Trains others as needed.
- When necessary, order supplies.
- Performs rework, repair and other operations with the work described.
- Follow all policies and procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or General Education Degree; and/or 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language:Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply a general understanding to carry out detailed, written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Other Abilities: Must be able to read and interpret blueprints. Must understand the use of check templates. Must understand the various types of welding and welding procedures. Must understand the inverse square law. Must have rudimentary understanding of foundries and castings. Must have a brief understanding of the metallurgy of the materials being examined. Requires good working knowledge of all the specification applicable to the jobs in the department. Must be able to discuss problems pertaining to radiography with customers. Must obtain and maintain Radiographic Tech Level II Certification (I.A.W. AIA/ NAS 410). Must be able to qualify as Film Processor and as a Technician II. Must be acquainted with major components of an x-ray machine and their functions. Must have 40 hours Radiography course and 40 hours Radiation Safety course and OTJ hours necessary to obtain the Level II Certification.