RF Terminal Engineer - Systems
The candidate will deploy, test, maintain, and troubleshoot satellite ground stations. This will include local and remote-site field work. Travel is required to domestic and international sites. Interface with engineering development team to perform independent regression testing and formal validation of new system configurations and capabilities. Develop and maintain a communications system test-bed and lab environment. Identify shortcomings and potential enhancements and propose practical solutions that improve the lab's functionality and utility to the development team. Provide hands-on, practical training of satellite ground station equipment to users.
- At least 9 years experience in the deployment, assembly, operation, maintenance, test, and troubleshooting of ground stations for satellite communications systems at the system level, subsystem level, and component level, including indoor and outdoor equipment.
- Experience in executing test and certification procedures.
- Experience with identifying and evaluating candidate vendors for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) satellite ground station components.
- Familiarity with RF and communications test equipment for performance measurement and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computer networks, especially Internet Protocol-based systems, and the network appliances that comprise them (eg, routers, switches).
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems, particularly Windows and Linux, and their applications.
- Experience with the installation of rack-mounted hardware and cable routing, satellite reflector antennas and associated hardware, and the tools required for installing and maintaining this equipment.
- Well-organized, dependable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment focused on satisfying the customer's mission. Should be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize tasking, and work with minimal supervision. Ability to work alone or in a small team in the field.
- Available for occasional periods of extended travel (typically 1-2 weeks but may be as long as 4-6 weeks on some trips). Occasional periods of shift work (evening or night) will be required.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience with experience in satellite ground station deployment, operation, test, and maintenance.
Computer or network industry certifications a plus.
Security + certification is a plus
Work experience in an operations center a plus.