R&D Unmanned Systems Engineer I/II/III
San Clemente, CA 92673
- System design, modeling and simulation
- Developing and extending software and hardware including “in-the-loop” simulators,
- Testing and integration of avionics components and systems,
- Advanced autonomous development (path planning, deep learning for object identification).
- Keep up to date with latest best practices
- Work with software developers in a high-velocity scrum team.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related technical field
- Experience: 3/5/7+ years work or equivalent research experience as well as proven success in development of simulation, robotics, and hardware & software integration including Unmanned Systems (UAS/UxS).
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals including aerospace or mechanical engineering (fluid dynamics, controls, system identification), math, physics required. Additional cross-functional or multi-disciplinary knowledge / project success is preferred.
- Proficiency in C++ / Python as well as application software testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) including automated Build tools
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems required
- PX4 Software Stack (PX4/firmware, sitl_gazebo, QGroundControl, mavros, mavlink)
- ROS/ROS2, RTSP, TCP/UDP, OpenCV, UAVCAN, pyTorch
- Boost, CMake, C++11,
- Git, bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins
- OS: Linux/Debian/Ubuntu
- Simulation Environments: Unreal Engine, Blender, Meshlab