Our client is in search of a highly talented embedded engineer to work on and lead embedded projects including autopilots, sensors, and large vehicle integration and architecture. The ideal candidate would have experience with unmanned systems and have a vision for the future of these systems. You'll work in a multidisciplinary environment with electrical, mechanical, GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control) and software engineers. You will have experience developing real-time, embedded systems using custom or off-the-shelf operating systems.
The ideal candidate should also have a reputation for “hands-on” learning/building, quality, and work ethics. The company is specifically looking for a technically sound, rapid-paced, entrepreneurial individual that understands the embedded engineering discipline and can easily manage projects for multiple technologies.
R&D Embedded Engineer Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Support all levels of requirements development, management, and verification
- Develop and maintain system and subsystem specifications, use cases, diagrams, ICDs, operational flow diagrams, and integration development
- Conduct and lead team through documenting trade studies
- Work on the board support package, drivers, and/or sensors/servo/motor interfacing, control, and logic for the vehicle's avionics platform.
- Assist our Electrical Engineering team with component selection, bring-up and troubleshooting of custom hardware designs.
- Participate in the team's software processes including requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements.
- Attend strategic conferences
- Responsible for on-time, on-quality delivery of personal work