R&D Embedded Engineer
San Clemente, CA 92673
R&D Embedded Engineer Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Support all levels of requirements development, management, and verification
- Develop and maintain system and subsystem specifications, use cases, diagrams, ICDs, operational flow diagrams, and integration development
- Conduct and lead team through documenting trade studies
- Work on the board support package, drivers, and/or sensors/servo/motor interfacing, control, and logic for the vehicle’s avionics platform.
- Assist our Electrical Engineering team with component selection, bring-up and troubleshooting of custom hardware designs.
- Participate in the team’s software processes including requirement and design documentation, test-plan generation and execution, peer design and code reviews, process feedback and improvements.
- Attend strategic conferences
- Responsible for on-time, on-quality delivery of personal work
- B.S. in Computer Science, or B.S Aerospace Engineering / other engineering discipline with equivalent experience
- Experience with hardware and software board bring-up
- Experience with embedded interfacing such as CAN bus, SPI, I2C, RS485, between MCUs
- Experience with RTOS systems preferred
- Experience in C / C++ in build environments and use of electronics principles including schematics, using Oscilloscope, Digital Logic Analyzer, multi-meter, microscope inspections
- Experience with operating system fundamentals for embedded systems, networking and Linux
- Electronics and Mechanical Background: Wire harness design, electronics prototyping, soldering
- Experience with Microchip PIC32, NXP MPC57xx, ARM preferred
- Networking knowledge: TPC/IP, UDP/IP, client and serve
- System IPC and RPC knowledge: RPC systems such as JSON/RPC, XML/RPC, Protobuf/RPC & System message ICD, binary protocol parsing
- Hobby or Civilian (Part 107) UAV experience or robotics experience
- Controls, Signal Processing, Safety Critical Software and/or Simulation