Our fast paced client is looking for a Research & Development Engineer with plastic injected molding experience.
Provides technical leadership, conducts design activities, perform non metallic material evaluations, analytical studies and new product development project management to develop and validate new product definition for non-metallic products and product families by performing the following duties.
• Perform new material evaluations and build expertise and database on non metallic materials (Thermoplastics, thermo sets, filled or not) including but not limited to: the test conditions, test methods to be used, material mechanical / chemical / environmental performances as well as the associated injection molding parameters and constraints.
• Build expertise on non metallic materials applications in regard with our fastener core business. Identify product technical specifications for which non metallic materials are fulfilling the needs, define best suitable material choice and promote the use of such materials.
• Designs and develops new products and product families. Modifies existing products to meet new customer demands and industry expectations.
• Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
• Performs R&D functions in selecting new applications, materials, manufacturing methods, finishes etc.
• Participates in development of the client's US Corporate Technical Center.
• Manages new product development projects from concept development to design/product definition, verification and validation.
• Interacts with customers, participates and assists customers in issuing new standards for developed new products.
• Participates in patent and licensing activities.
• Interacts and assists general product engineering in development and qualification of “ me too” products.
• Prepares or coordinates preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings.
• Coordinates building of product prototypes.
• Plans, develops and manages experimental design validation test programs.
• Compile and furnish necessary information (design and engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analysis data) to document the design choices and solutions required for building prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other company functions and/or supplier personnel.
• Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
• Confers with other engineering (R&D – local and global/ General Engineering) personnel and prepares design modifications as required. • Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to other products.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform R&D, engineering and design tasks. • Works with plastic, molding and finishing suppliers to develop qualify and implement technologies aimed at reducing costs, simplifying manufacturing, work with tooling vendors and manufacturing plants to design, fabricate, and qualify injection molding tooling.
• Ensures new product development is conducted taking into consideration the best environmental practices and alternatives. Considering every aspect of the newly developed product including manufacturing methods, materials, and disposal with minimal or no impact on environment.
---------------------------- Two Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
5++ years of recent plastic injection molding engineering experience. Must have the plastics background - aerospace preferred. Must have BS Degree and significant experience with plastic molding processes.