Dimensional and visual inspection of machined and fabricated products/parts for conformance to drawings and other requirements.
- Inspect (Dimensional) metallic and non-metallic machined and fabricated products/parts using drawings, schematics, engineering definition and caliper, micrometer, pin gage, designed tooling, and other inspection methods to validate dimensional conformance
- Inspect (Visual) products/parts for conformance to visual acceptance criteria, visual standards, approved samples, etc.
- Sample or 100% lot inspection of products/parts in accordance with sample plans
- Document and record inspection results on Inspection Reports or First Article Reports
- Document and record labor activities in an MRP system, for labor and product/parts accountability
- Prepare acceptance labels and tags
- Interface with customer source inspector
- Assemble products/parts as necessary in support of inspection processes
- Prepare, preserver and package products/parts for shipping in support of final inspection process
- Organize and maintain relevant documents and records
- Maintain housekeeping of personal work area and common-use company surroundings to maintain required safety and professionalism standards
- Perform destructive load testing of composite parts to confirm mfg. process stability
- Review and evaluate test results, document and assemble inspection/test data
- Other duties and compliance activities in accordance with the Quality Management System requirements
- *Advanced-level inspectors – in addition to the above:
- Develops inspection data sheets and processes.
- Use and programming of CMM and other complex inspection equipment.
- Packing of complicated and/or sensitive parts for shipping.
- Some assembly work on nearly-completed parts.