Irvine, CA 92614
Administers those activities that are designed to meet customer requirements for a Quality Assurance
System. Develops and implements procedures in support of company quality policies, as developed by
senior management. Supplies feedback to the senior management team on the effectiveness of the quality
system. Supervises and directs the work of staff in various quality assurance functions.
- Performs and supervises contract quality engineering activities including: contract review; qualityplanning; customer liaison; certification; and the hosting of source inspection and external auditors.
- Provides inputs to other areas of the company as required to implement customer and regulatory quality requirements.
- Performs and supervises internal auditing of the quality system for conformance to company policies.
- Reports on findings to senior management and recommends and follows up on required corrective action.
- Maintains, reviews and revises the Quality Assurance Manual to support the quality policy and customer requirements.
- Works with the senior management team to develop and implement quality assurance procedures and changes to the quality assurance system.
- Acts as primary Quality System contact for the company both internally and externally.
- Provides guidance to manufacturing and inspection functions in meeting customer requirements and needs
- Plans, implements and participates in programs of continuous operations improvement, modernization and cost reduction/avoidance.
- Chairs the Material Review Board and provides guidance in resolving quality problems and corrective action
- Approves purchases related to maintenance of the Q. A. System. Provides budget inputs for anticipated Q.A. System costs.
- Responds to customer and regulatory agency requests for corrective action and quality system information.
Minimum 5 year experience in quality engineering in the aerospace machined components industry.
Detailed knowledge of quality systems and practices in the aerospace industry or bachelor degree in
Functional personal computer skills in word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.