- Prepares, presents and updates project schedules to allow cognizant team members and senior management to follow project progress.
- Works closely with functional departments to assure that all requirements are being addressed; recurring and no-recurring costs, adherence to schedule, safety, product functionality, and customer satisfaction
- When required transcends disciplines during the assistance of product design and troubleshooting
- Works closely with other engineers of other disciplines and other departments
- Works courteously and resolutely with customers, subcontractors and suppliers to achieve project goals
- Performs risk management and alerts senior management when concerns arise which could affect project cost, schedule, or system safety
- Prepares project data deliverables
- Develops requirements specifications for subcontracted components
- Work both individually and as a leader and key contributor on project teams
- B.S. degree (Mechanical and or Aeronautical Engineering)
- 3 or more years’ experience in engineering or closely related role in defense or aerospace industries
- Experienced in mechanical engineering development and systems engineering activities in support of military or commercial aerospace marketplaces.
- Demonstrated ability with product design and qualification
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, organizational, and project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Business and technical astuteness