Long Beach, CA
- Monitor and coordinate expediting activity.
- Work closely with Procurement, Production and Production Planning managers, as well as with the Engineering team, to determine current and future purchasing needs.
- Advise and represent in negotiations with vendors.
- Analyze reports to obtain current information concerning all phases of procurement to control budget, procurement objectives, and effective procurement techniques.
- Monitor quantity and quality of work in assigned group, review buying activity, collaborate with buyers and provide feedback to same; identify problem areas and recommend/discuss solutions with the Procurement Manager.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
Bachelor's degree or comparable purchasing experience
- Buying experience with Oracle
- Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive
- Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship
Possess an established track record of procuring complex systems and structures, especially within an aviation or manufacturing setting
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing
Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
Physically able to handle items weighing up to 10lbs (unassisted)
Ability to document work in progress and maintain effective records
Ability to perform complex tasks, as well as analyze and solve problems
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’