Dulles, VA 20166
Responsibilities may include:
- Design and plans network communications systems.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design.
- Maintain System configuration control over SW/HW
- Version/configurations (network/computing/applications, automated environment creation.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Writing program specific ground ICDs per program.
- System monitoring configuration/sustainment (Nagios).
- Utilize sound engineering practices to develop, implement, and maintain end-to-end ground systems.
- Manage the requirements, design, and implementation for networks and End-to-End systems to Support Mission Operations, existing ground systems and upgrades - technology refresh, and reliability / maintainability.
- Contribute to system PDR/CDR/FAT/SAT activities.
- Product Deliveries include: ICDs, Emulator/Simulator baseline control, test plans, network diagrams, integration/deployment work instructions, production and test system hardware (e.g. networks).
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment across engineering disciplines to accomplish mission goals.
- Coordinating end-to-end system testing during the I&T phase
- Segment end-to-end architecture design, requirements, management and development.
- Must excel in a fast-paced mission focused environment.
Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area) and 14+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and 12+ years; 9 Years with PhD; 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Active or current Top Secret SSBI clearance with SCI eligibility.
Must have experience designing, developing, building, testing and maintaining network and computing infrastructure.
Must have experience identifying systems anomalies and troubleshooting (network/custom applications/COTS software/server infrastructure).
Must have knowledge of virtualization sustainment/maintenance.
Must have hands-on experience with Networks to include technology such as: switches/routers/firewalls; RF appliances: modems, spectrum analyzers; computing infrastructure: Servers / workstations, Linux, MS.
-Cybersecurity and IA/IS OpSec – 5205.02
-Risk Management Framework – 8510.01