NX & Mastercam Programmers
Canoga Park, CA 91304 | Contract
** Expertise in Siemens NX9-NX11 **
** Expertise in Turn-Mill, 3, 4 & 5 Axis Milling, Horizontal and Vertical Lathes, programming of high temp alloy materials ** ** Vericut experience **
- Shall be responsible for creating new CNC programs, setup instructions, prove-out of new technologies, first article inspection review and error resolution, fixture design, modify existing CNC programs, as well as project estimating.
- Analyzes engineering models/drawings to define the sequence of machining operations to ensure that the design intent and component quality is achieved.
- Shall closely interact with Process Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Machinists to ensure that error-free first-time-through CNC programs are created and delivered to Manufacturing within required delivery dates.
- Make proper cutting tool selections; taking into consideration such factors as workholding device, material type, material removal volume, speeds, feeds, and machine tool imitations.
- Use Vericut machine simulation and optimization software to troubleshoot/validate CNC programs and ensure highly efficient and error-free first-time-through CNC machining processes.
- Develop, write probe logic macros to perform on machine touch probe measuring, work offset updates, cutter offset updates, and part feature data collection.
** Proficient in Siemens NX9-NX11 CNC programming is required **
** Proficient in Lathe, Mill-Turn, and up to 5 axis Mill CNC programming of high temp alloy materials is required **
** Proficient in cutting to selection to support CNC programming is required **
-Proficient in Vericut CNC machining simulation is desired
-Proficient in Type II macro CNC Programming is desired
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with 10 -15 years of CNC machining and programming experience. Will accept equivalent experience in lieu of degree, consideration is on a case by case basis.