Mission Systems Engineer
Gilbert, AZ 85233
writing complex specifications, interface control documents, and engineering reports from advanced
studies, special engineering investigations, and similar activities.
design, and mission operations. Advanced analyses relating to mission and technical problems may
be required. Position will also include responsibilities relating to integration, testing, and operational
readiness of spacecraft and payloads. The role may include interfacing with external customer
technical representatives, internal engineering associates and program management and may also
involve technical responsibility for subcontracted flight components. Candidate may be called on to
assist in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded
studies and may include authoring sections for both.
CORE, and various analysis engineering tools such as MATLAB, MATHCAD, and STK. Actual
spacecraft operations and related ground systems expertise is always a plus. Additional experience
in any of the following areas is also desired: orbital mechanics, power systems modeling, avionics or
digital electronics design, telecommunications design, risk analysis, thermal engineering, or
integration and testing (either at the spacecraft or payload level). Knowledge of Launch Vehicles
Surface Charging, etc.), and Human Factors is also desired.
- Bachelors degree or higher in an Engineering or related field.
- U.S. citizen. Active or current Top Secret clearance with SCI.
- Technical experience in systems engineering and integration of space systems
- Minimum 5 years of experience in aerospace systems design, development, manufacture, test or operations.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in aerospace systems design, development, manufacture, test or operations.
- Ability to lead the system engineering aspects of a small study or hardware deliverable
- Ability to lead the development of a new spaceflight component or capability as part of an IR&D project
- Ability to specify, manage and verify space system interfaces
- Ability to develop and manage space system resource budgets for power, mass, pointing, and RF links
- Experience as a task/ team lead or role of a cognizant engineer for a flight component or subsystem
- Experience with system engineering requirement tools (Cradle, CORE or DOORS) and processes
- Experience in requirements development and management processes
- Experience in development and maintenance of interface control documents and related processes
- Experience in space system testing and evaluation (flight and ground testing)
- Experience with various technical analysis tools such as MATLAB and STK
- Experience in any of the following areas is also desired: orbital mechanics, orbital debris modeling, spacecraft attitude control, power systems and modeling, avionics or digital electronics design, risk analysis, optics, communications, rocket propulsion, thermal engineering, or spacecraft integration and testing
- Experience with Mission Operations for spacecraft