Whippany, NJ 07083
- Designs next-generation mechanical equipment and integrates with associated aerospace disciplines.
- Provided wise-ranging mechanical analysis including but not limited to statics, dynamic, finite element analyses and tolerancing of electric and hydraulic actuators.
- Writes and proofs technical documentation including test procedures, test reports, FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Assists in the development and qualification phase of program maturation by running laboratory or performance tests related to complex high-reliability aerospace equipment.
- Works courteously and resolutely with other company engineers and personnel, customers, subcontractors, and suppliers to achieve project and company goals.
- Performs risk management and alerts senior management when concerns arise which could affect project cost, schedule, or system safety.
- Assists in the generation of project-related data deliverables.
- Participates and organizes design reviews of new and existing designs.
- Work both individually and as a leader and key contributor on project teams.
- BS degree (Mechanical and or Aeronautical Engineering)
- 3 or more years’ experience in engineering or closely related role in defense or aerospace industries.
- Strong experience in any or all areas: finite element analysis, mechanical component design (structural and rotating), reliability analysis, damage tolerance and computational fluid dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability with CAD (PTC Creo or equivalent)
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, organizational and project management skills,
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Business and technical astuteness.