Chatsworth, CA 91311
- Works within an engineering team to research, design, analyze, fabricate, test, evaluate, modify, verify, validate and qualify motorized blowers, brushless DC motors, voice coil actuators, electro-mechanical devices, pneumatic systems and sub-components focusing on (system, mechanical, electrical, packaging) design for high-volume manufacture (hundreds of thousands to millions per year).
- Support the motorized blower system product design process in accordance with our Clients quality management system.
- Understand design requirements, customer needs, regulatory specifications, manufacturing capabilities, COGS, and high volume manufacturing.
- Applies engineering principles with emphasis in physics, machine design, structural dynamics, statistics, six sigma, risk analysis, numerical methods (finite element analysis), fluid mechanics (dynamics), project planning and engineering economics, motor design, rotor dynamics, sound (noise) and vibration.
- Support the generation of mechanical design, tolerance analysis, layouts, and engineering drawings.
- Operate within a team, interacting effectively with, and seeking input from team members and other areas of the business including manufacturing, quality, operations, procurement, supplier alliance and the customer to ensure the products being developed are appropriate and satisfy all necessary requirements.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes used in manufacturing the product.
- Support the authorship and execution of protocols and perform testing, verification, and validation of designed products to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications.
- Degree in mechanical engineering five to seven years functional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or as deemed appropriate by our Clients Senior Management.
- Familiarity with motor and/or rotary components design preferred.
- Familiarity with sound (noise) and vibration theory, testing, equipment, and data analysis preferred.
- Familiarity with plastic part design and design for plastic injection molding, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer with Windows based operating system and the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project; Minitab; Matlab.
- Ability to use ProE CAD software, and Intralink preferred.
- Ability to use structural finite element software such as ANSYS preferred.
- Ability to use statistical analysis and six sigma techniques.