Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND DUTIES:
· Identify and support production quality processes and procedures to increase production throughput and eliminate impact to the customer.
· Participate, lead and facilitate Kaizen events to improve internal Lean manufacturing processes to increase production’ s efficiency and quality.
· Work with Cross-Functional teams in the planning and designing of new products to ensure new products are designed for manufacturability.
· Coordinate with engineering and manufacturing personnel to develop and/or enhance manufacturing processes to meet or beat product material and labor efficiency budgets.
· Develop tooling concepts to perform specific manufacturing operations and coordinate tooling designs, procurement and implementation of tooling into manufacturing activity.
· Support Project and Program Managers with current status of all activities assigned.
· Ensure that all manufacturing processes meet company safety and environmental regulations.
· Adhere to all company safety requirements.
Submits weekly status reports for all activities, including milestone charts for long-term projects
· Education/Experience: BS/BA degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience.
· 2+ years’ experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment with assignments in lean manufacturing/continuous improvement tools and processes.
· Demonstrated ability in lean/continuous improvement.
· Must be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
· Problem solver/executes improvements within the business
· Proficient knowledge of composite reinforced resin matrix technology.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D Solid Modeling experience is important.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, within a diverse range of audiences and settings; evaluate budgets; and maintaining financial and administrative order in an environment of changing priorities.