The Manufacturing Engineer, under limited supervision is responsible for applying engineering principles to drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, components, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, testing, facilities, quality control standards, Six Sigma and Lean tools.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs contract review of the customer’s requirements from Purchase Order (P.O.), specifications, and drawings.
- Prepares routers (manufacturing plans) for the production processes.
- Prepares work instructions/procedures for the production processes.
- Works with customers (internal and external) to support program’s needs.
- Performs root cause investigations to support production technical issues. Knowledgeable with 5-why’s and fishbone diagram.
- Supports production to ensure attainment of business goals, including addressing quality issues, working with maintenance to address equipment failures, working directly with manufacturing personnel to ensure a smooth running operation.
- Identifies, analyzes and delivers on continuous improvement opportunities. Justifies then requests required resources to complete initiatives. Manages projects to successful completion. Uses Six Sigma and Lean tools to aid in this effort.
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods. Documents standard work with work instructions.
- Manages specification, selection and execution of major capital and tooling acquisitions in order to drive technology improvements that positively impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Inventory.
- Ensures all work is in compliance with environmental, health and safety standards, industry specifications, customer requirements, company standards and related specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.