Linux Systems Administrator
Ft Belvoir, VA 00011
- Red Hat LINUX command level administration
- LINUX/UNIX Scripting skills highly desirable
- Trusted Network Environment (TNE) Pit Bull command level administration
- Command level troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software, including SQL
- Create and resolve helpdesk action items
- Manage cross domain enterprise level solutions
- Provide on-site technical solutions
- Install, move, and/or break-down systems
- Create detailed technical reports and metrics
- Maintain the security and stability of cross domain solutions
- Interact with customers daily
- Create, modify, and remove user accounts
- Must be able to perform scheduled and unscheduled fly away support
- Must be able to support occasional priority actions outside of normal duty scheduling (Support Upgrades/Patch Management)
- Assist in the preparation of Training Manuals and training users
- 8+ Years of LINUX Administrator experience supporting a high user base (1000+ users).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x and 7.x. experience is a plus
- Technically fluent in the design and use of multiple Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, VMware, vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V in a distributed environment.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Familiar with managing Linux system account and Key Management Solutions, like LDAP, Active Directory integration, FreeIPA
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Outstanding communications and organization skills.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and with a team
- Deep understanding of data encryption, masking, and other data security methods,
- Working knowledge and awareness of concepts such as, Encryption of data at rest, Linux Unified Key Setup, and multi-factor authentication technologies
Preferred Education, Years of Experience Requirements and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification
- Security + CE
- Applicants must meet DoD 8570 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher