Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, our Client delivers leading-edge technical, operational, and commercial solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. With more than 4,800 employees in 11 locations in North America and around the world, the company provides space-based communications solutions, surveillance solutions, satellite ground stations and geospatial information services for both the Communications and the Surveillance and Intelligence markets.
We are looking for a bright and capable Linux System Administrator to join our team of IT professionals. This will be an exciting opportunity to showcase and develop your knowledge and expertise with a wide variety of technologies and products. Successfully supporting our corporate users will involve broad technical skills, a customer service frame of mind, solid self-management skills, and the professional attitude required to work within large teams and across departments. Our team supports a large number of Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts, numerous virtualization environments (primarily VMware), SAN and NFS storage platforms, and brokering solutions (Citrix / NetScaler).
As a Linux System Administrator, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and support our UNIX, Storage and virtualization infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include working individually and with teams both within IT and across the company, including multiple geographical locations, to:
- Propose, manage and coordinate solutions for site-based projects in both physical and virtual environments.
- Configure, deploy and administer Linux based network distributed development and production environments.
- Act as a point of contact for projects as related to computing support.
- Produce configuration and maintenance documentation, and provide training as required.
- Support and assist with integration of a variety of leading-edge Software Development and Engineering Tools.
- Administer Storage Infrastructure.
- Administer Virtualization Solutions.