Lead/Senior Lead Teamcenter Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Sidney, OH 45365
This position is for a Lead/Senior Lead Manufacturing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems Engineer responsible for Teamcenter Manufacturing Technology development, helping in the development of Best Practices within the organization, and managing deployments of simulation technologies. This is a key role in advancing the digital manufacturing PLM program and will be working within Engineering-IT, interfacing with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Product Design, and Operations on a regular basis. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a subject matter expert on Tecnomatix Simulations (Plant, Process, and Human) and Manufacturing Process Planner (MPP or Teamcenter Manufacturing) toolsets.
- Leverage Teamcenter design collaboration capabilities to support new product and process development programs via simulations
- Develop digital manufacturing technology to a deployable state and support AME, Product Design, and Operations user base, where applicable.
- Track and decipher digital factory trends in Industry 4.0 framework with the objective to evaluate business touch points and determine valid usage within Emerson. This includes the evaluation of software not currently in use by assessing business use cases and documenting the Cost/Benefit analysis of implementing the new technology.
- Create training materials/videos and hold training sessions with users both remotely and in person.
- Lead in piloting the technology to projects.
- Evaluate, prepare, test, and develop use cases of the latest versions of the Tecnomatix suite during Teamcenter upgrades.
- Support roll-out strategy and program of simulation and MPP technologies to our manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in Siemens technical review sessions/events.
- Other areas of support and development are in Enterprise Change Management, Classification/Resource Manager, NX CAD, NX CAM, and FEA technologies.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT plus 7 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered (such as Associate's plus equivalent experience)
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes with the ability to bridge the experience with Engineering-IT solutions
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and breaking down business cultural barriers
- Strong interpersonal skills needed, having the ability to communicate well, both written and orally, and to make effective large group presentations. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, from executives to plant personnel.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities with commitment to deadlines
- Good understanding of BOMs and usage within an engineering system
- 3D CAD and manufacturing experience is a huge plus
- Background and experience with IT infrastructure and business system architecture would be helpful
- Masters in Engineering, PLM or related