Lead Electrical Technician
San Clemente, CA 92673
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-starter: understanding of team direction and required actions to achieve the team goals.
- Ability to lead and coordinate wire harness prototyping, procurement, production, assembly, and testing efforts.
- Experience creating, tracking, and updating product Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Engineering Drawings
- Ability to read schematics, create, and review REV controlled electrical engineering drawings that helps to define and illustrate specific requirements, processes, and designs.
- Excellent documentation skills, including experience writing assembly manuals, test procedures, reports, data collection and reduction of that data
- Strong soldering skills, including miniature SMT assembly and rework
- Able to maintain an electronics station (equipment and tools) and track inventory of electronic parts
- Capable of working with microcontrollers (various types) and debugging micro circuitry; strong understanding of internal IC components is helpful
- Proficient at building high-reliability wiring harnesses, electronics troubleshooting and rework
- Ability to balance multiple projects and communicate project status, issues and requirements efficiently
- PCB layout for simple boards (breakout boards) and understands servicing and reworking PCB boards
- Responsible for all ESD matter (environment and training)
- Sets up test bench/apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units
- Utilizes MRP system for time recording, product tracking, work completion, and scheduling
- Experience setting up test benches for electronics quality checks
- Experience testing software using engineer"s guidance/test specifications and test cases
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent
- 5+ years" experience in Lead Electrical, testing, assembly, electromechanical wiring harnesses, connectors, wire terminations, troubleshooting of electrical systems or related discipline
- 5+ years" experience working with microscopes, oscilloscopes, multi-meter, soldering iron, etc for miniature/small electronic and electromechanical devices
- 5+ years working on electromechanical (microcontroller) circuitry, debugging, and repairing.
- Experience with EMC measuring devices/tests
- Experience managing PCB /board manufacturing suppliers and quality checks upon arrival; diagnosing cause of failure to component level
- Experience integrating boards within the overall system
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, through and timely manner
- Teamwork: Work with other people in cooperation and as a good team member.
- Must have strong electrical aptitude in electrical assemblies. Industries such as marine, automotive, motorsport, aviation, aerospace and energy are relevant fields of experience.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Able to communicate clearly with staff at all levels
- Motivation to document work and close out projects
- Candidates must be US Person for compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)