Goleta, CA 93117
- Stabilized Turret Drive Systems
- Integrated Weapon Systems
- Ammunition Handling
- Data Control and Distribution
- Power Management and Distribution
We are looking for a Senior Planner/Buyer to help support their Production Operations. The Lead Planner Analyst is responsible for leading the development and execution of all planning activities for the Site supporting OEM, R&O, and NPI (New Product Introduction) production. This position is responsible for improving department operational efficiencies, identifying, supporting and/or leading lean and continuous improvement initiatives and identifying and implementing lean scheduling techniques.
- Leads the planning activities in the Assembly & Test and Supply Chain.
- Provides support for the performance and development of the department and team.
- Ensures proper planning for bills of material, sales orders, and forecasts. Will administer the review process in a timely manner based on customer needs.
- Through the development and execution of standard work, assures maximum utilization and efficiency of personnel and equipment to provide optimum productivity at the least cost to meet manufacturing schedules and customer delivery commitments
- Leads the identification and implementation of lean material flow techniques in conjunction with appropriate operations teammates ultimately resulting in proper inventory management.
- Assist with buying as needed
- Work with Materials Manager and Program Management to forecast materials needs
- Assist with inventory planning – cycle counting and inventory management
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic