IT Infrastructure Architect
Multiple Locations, AL 05555
- Provide enterprise platform oversight (Servers, Backups, Storage) as well as act as the IT lead for classified computing infrastructure. Lead and mentor a highly-technical group in the delivery of IT services and security compliance on collateral and DOD classified networks. Services include the design, implementation and support of clients, servers, InfoSec, email, storage, network, and user support for multiple programs. Services are delivered using Government Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and project management best practices.
- Coordinates with technology brokers to evaluate new technologies (including cloud, HPCC, mainframe, storage) and service offerings. Coordinate with architects to ensure new services align to roadmaps and understand the impact on the organization's information architecture. Understand IT service cost drivers and connect costs of service to consumption drivers.
- Liaise with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of Platform or Classified Computing Infrastructure. Develop service strategy to mitigate software, hardware, and networking issues. Monitor incident resolution against SLA's
- Proven experience in managing a variety of IT infrastructure projects and in interfacing with business leaders. Ability to lead large, complex projects with cross-business unit project teams and suppliers.
- Experience in strategy development with strong oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and technical skills are essential.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, be a team player, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Assist/Coordinate with messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Assisting with project planning, project execution and risk management
- Monitoring project progress/status (scope/risk management, schedule, budget, quality).
- Reviewing the Integrator / Vendor project planning documents and associated deliverables.
- Managing vendor interactions.
- Contributes to technical feasibility in development of strategic plans.
- Gather functional business requirements.
- Performing quality review of draft deliverables (in-progress and final) and providing comments for improvements where necessary.
- Ensuring the transfer of functional and system implementation and operations knowledge from the Integrator / Vendor.
- Deliver updates and briefs to senior campus leaders.
- Technical and business writing.
- Knowledge of UNIX, SQL-enabled databases, software configuration, and release management.
- Understanding of business processes and basic corporate finance, management, and accounting principles.
- Project Management Certificate or Certification desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint desirable.
- Experience architecting IT solutions for multi-program environments with strict data separation requirements desirable.