Human Resource Director
Austin, TX 78744
The Human Resources Director will be responsible to manage and execute all HR programs and activities for the Business Unit. The position will report to the President and be a member of the Senior Management Team while taking strategic direction from the SVP of Human Resources.
- Oversight of the Human Resources function to include talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, reward and recognition, health and safety, and HR compliance programs.
- Responsible for execution of HR strategy and achievement of KPIs.
- Support change management, organization design and development.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and driving to achieve a great place to work recognition
- Provide coaching and development for business leaders.
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local legal requirements for existing and new legislation, enforce adherence and advise management to ensure company compliance.
- Works collaboratively with HR Shared Services, COEs and HRBPs
- Management of 3-5 direct and remote staff.
- This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-SCP/PC certification or other related professional certification
- 8+ years progressive experience in a business environment with substantial management responsibilities and experience
- Ability to travel ~10% with occasional travel to other business locations in the US and international
- Quickly develop strong relationships and earn trust of the internal teams
- Possess strong coaching skills with ability to coach all levels within the organization
- Strong analytical skills with regard to HR data interpretation and presentation
- Solid knowledge of employee engagement, change management, employment law, performance management, recruiting, compensation, benefits and wellness programs
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and HRIS systems is required, knowledge of Workday preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Willingness to work independently with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Willing to work to tight deadlines, supervise/manage multiple projects at a time, and prioritize effectively
- Attention to detail
- Experience in industries where technology and innovation are core competencies
- Strategic Mindset – able to anticipate future trends and implications accurately. Readily puts forward future scenarios. Articulates a credible picture and vision of possibilities that create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action
- Customer Focus – gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision Quality – makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Cultivates Innovation – comes up with useful ideas that are new, better or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Drives Results – has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record or exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Ensures Accountability – follows through on commitments and makes sure that others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
- Collaborates – works cooperatively with others across the organisation to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Develops Talent – places a high priority on developing others. Develops others through coaching, feedback, exposure and stretch assignments. Aligns employee career development goals with organisational objectives. Encourages people to accept developmental moves.
- Drives Vision and Purpose – talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organisation wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision.
- Builds Effective Teams – forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and reward team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Manages Ambiguity – deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Instills Trust – follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Agile - Creates a nimble and agile organization where decision making is made at the right level. Empowers others to act. Establishes clear decision rights at the right place in the organisation. Assumes positive intent. Discusses, decides, then supports decisions.
- Sharing - believes that through teamwork and collaboration, when applied to a common vision, we can achieve great things. Proactively seeks opportunities to work across our businesses and with our partners. Shares information and engages with others. Trusts others to play their part. Recognizes the power of One Ultra.
- Performing - believes we are responsible in meeting and exceeding our commitments by taking ownership with determination and passion. Performs in an ethical and safe way. Has the passion to commit and the passion to live up to commitments. Goes the extra mile. Works openly to solve problems. Balances long and short-term impacts of decisions.
- Innovating - believes in creating value in everything we do and to leave a legacy to be proud of. Embraces change and seeks to create solutions via constructive challenge. Encourages and value innovation, seeking inspiration from outside. Works across the Group to identify creative outcomes. Challenges the way things have been done previously. Values and learns from failure and being open to possibilities.
- Rewarding- strives to love what we do and actively celebrates our successes and learns from our failures. Nurtures individuals and teams so they can develop and succeed. Recognizes and communicates achievements. Appreciates the whole person.
- Empowering - trusts and empowers our people and our partners. Hold’s self and others to the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Empowers, respects, trusts and supports individuals. Shares ownership. Creates openness within a safe environment. Gives confidence and freedom to act.