Ground Systems Engineer
- Candidate will be responsible for design/deployment/test/installation of satellite ground stations. This will include developing and executing test procedures to certify the stations for operation.
- Troubleshoot and debug ground stations.
- Assist in the procurement of new ground stations including design, specification, and subcontracts oversight.
- Minimum of 10 years of Experience in the areas of satellite ground station design, operation, and/or repair and maintenance
- Requires ability to read schematics, operate RF test equipment and debug down to the component level
- Experience in the design, assembly and certification of satellite communications test equipment
- Must be familiar with satellite ground station specifications and test procedures
- The candidate will be required to have the skills necessary to interface with test equipment via software
- Interfaces and develop software to automate the testing.
- Experience in developing hardware interface and software for test environments
- Candidate will be responsible for developing ground station simulators for use in testing of space flight communications hardware Experience in VxWorks
- Experience in developing and executing test and certification procedures
- This will include the development of test equipment hardware requirements, specifications, and certification test procedures
- Preferred Experience:
- Security Certifications: Security+ or CCISP
- Experience with vendor and subcontractor management
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and 10+ years experience required